Saturday, August 13, 2005

Action: Alternatives to Military Recruitment at AISD

Action Overview:

We want to gather information about military recruitment in the AISD, comparing military recruitment with college recruitment in area schools and brainstorming non-military options for mentoring and community involvement. This information will then be used in a future meeting with the AISD school board.

Rather than focus our presentation around a "pro-war vs. anti-war" stance, we want to explore the effect of military recruitment, and of the privileging of military recruitment over other options, on students' educations. Part of this project will involve contacting students who would be effective spokespeople at board meetings and brainstorming lists of groups who might currently be denied mentoring/leadership access to students.

We also want to remain in contact with Austin Youth Activists about their march/rally scheduled for October 1st.


Research for Next Meeting:
  1. What is the policy of NCLB regarding access to military recruiters? How much access is required under the law?
  2. How many AISD students have been recruited by the military? How do these numbers break down by race and class?
  3. How does military recruitment compare to college recruitment on area campuses? How many AISD students are admitted into colleges/universities? How do these numbers break down by race and class?
  4. Does the military recruit at all area schools equally, or are some schools more likely to have recruiters?
  5. What is the accreditation or training status of people teaching the Leadership Class at Webb Middle School?
  6. What is the racial breakdown of casualties from the war in Iraq?

8 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger BTR Beta said...

We are not just a college scholarship search engine anymore. college online Loan proceeds in as few as 5 days. No application fees or expenses at time of application. Take care of that education loan now!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Bill Adams said...

Veteran's Day is November 11th and I hope that EVERY American will be flying the flag in honor of our troops fighting in Iraq and around the world to preserve our freedoms!

I can even tell you where to get one for free! Visit AmericanFlags.com right now and they'll send you a FREE American Flag. These flags were $19.99, but now they are FREE. You pay just for shipping/handling and they'll ship one to your door. (Actually - I've ordered more than 20 from them to give to my neighbors, as gifts, etc!)

Get your free flag now: **FREE AMERICAN FLAG**

Semper Fi!

Bill Adams

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Goodman441 said...

Hello, this is a great blog on savings loan, Please visit my site when you get a chance at http://www.loanofficial.com

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger leadership training pros said...

Hello from Las Vegas. I was doing research on professional keynote speaker in Las Vegas and came across your site alison. The title Action: Alternatives to Military Recruitment at AISD attracked me. This is good reading, I'll pass it on to my girlfriend. She likes this kind of stuff. If you or any of your readers can help or offer information on professional keynote speaker in Las Vegas let me know. Glad I ran into your inspiration. I like to read blogs for creative ideas and themes. I get a lot of good ideas for acting. Thanks again for your time. Keep it up.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger edwardprehiem13252736 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger haroldprice32526357 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger mandyandres91280034 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Akihiro said...

Could you check the UT email address?
I sent you something.

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home